Health Education England (HEE) have announced that the Manchester Academy for Healthcare Scientist Education (MAHSE) consortium has been awarded the contract to deliver the doctoral level academic programme for Higher Specialist Scientist Training (HSST) after being selected through a rigorous tendering and assessment process.
The MASHE HSST consortium consists of the following partner institutions:
- University of Manchester
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Aston University
- University of Liverpool
The innovative consortium model will allow the inclusion of new provider partners where required.
HSSTis a five year practice based education and research programme supported by an underpinning doctoral level academic programme and where appropriate, Medical Royal College qualifications.
This doctoral level academic programme will formalise and facilitate the development of Clinical Scientists through HSST as they:
- Create and interpret new knowledge, through original research scholarship requiring advanced academic enquiry;
- Systematically acquire and apply a substantial body of scientific and clinical knowledge at the forefront of their specialism and embrace the future scientific and technology advances within the field;
- Systematically acquire, develop and apply the qualities and transferable skills necessary for employment as a Consultant Clinical Scientist or equivalent, requiring the exercise of personal responsibility and taking largely autonomous initiative in complex and unpredictable situations;
- Develop the knowledge, skills, experience, behaviours and attitudes required of a clinical leader in an evolving and rapidly developing health and life sciences sector.
The selection and assessment process has been led by Health Education West Midlands (HEWM), as the lead commissioner for healthcare science education and training. HEWM will continue to work with the MAHSE consortium to ensure the successful delivery of this flagship healthcare science training programme.
For additional details please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0161 275 1454.