Find out how you can identify opportunities for innovation and undertake innovation projects effectively within your own healthcare service.
Understanding Innovation in the Healthcare Sciences is a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) which has been designed by Manchester Metropolitan University and MAHSE. This online course is hosted on FutureLearn, the social learning platform (see further details about FutureLearn below). If you have an idea for a service improvement or innovation that you want to develop or if you are keen to discover more about what the process of making an innovation involves, then register for the Understanding Innovation in the Healthcare Sciences MOOC where you will be able to explore the following topics:
- Identifying innovation and service improvement within the healthcare sciences
- Obtaining support and funding for innovation and service improvement projects
- Measuring the performance of your service
- Planning, implementing and evaluating innovation and service improvement projects
- Spreading the adoption of innovation and service improvements
Learners will also have the opportunity to have discussions and network with healthcare professionals from around the world therefore gaining new perspectives on the topics arising from the course.
By the end of this 4 week course learners will be able to:
- Assess what constitutes an innovation in healthcare science and identify areas for innovation in clinical service.
- Design an innovation project proposal, including identifying sources of support and communication with stakeholders.
- Reflect on and then apply the appropriate tools and techniques for project planning.
- Develop a critical awareness of the steps involved in launching and evaluating an innovation project, including dissemination and communication strategies.
The course is open for enrolment now and will start on 11 June 2018 . You can enrol on the course for free or upgrade for £62 to enjoy extra benefits. The course can be accessed from any device with internet access offering the flexibility to study when it is most convenient for you.
If you are interested in taking this course please register here.
Founded by The Open University in 2012, FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform, enabling online learning through conversation. With over 7.5 million people from over 200 countries across the globe – a community that is continuously growing – it offers free and paid for online courses from world-leading UK and international universities, as well as organisations such as the European Space Agency, the British Council and Cancer Research UK. FutureLearn’s course portfolio covers a wealth of areas to promote lifelong learning for a range of applications including general interest, an introduction to university studies, continuing professional development and fully online postgraduate degrees.